Friday, April 30, 2010

Looking Forward To This Weekends Air Show

I remember when I was a child my father took me to Chicago's Air Show to watch the Blue Angels.  I remember being so excited about the days leading up to the show that I could hardly sleep.  Then the morning of the air show my father got me up early and we drove to downtown Chicago.  The streets were packed with more people than I have ever seen in my entire life.  I can still hear the roar of the jets as I watched them do tricks in the sky.  I was utterly amazed. 

Now I am 32 years old and a father to two beautiful girls and I get the chance to experience the Blue Angels again.  I am really looking forward to taking my daughters to this air show and watching their faces as they witness the same things I did so many years ago.  I am sure once I call my father and tell him about his grandchildren's reaction, he will smile and remember the time he took me. 

I will be doing a post shortly after the show with pictures and my view on the show.  I am hoping my daughters get as much out of it as I did when I was a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment